Thursday, May 12, 2005

We can be wind changers!!!

What a group of inspiring individuals! I just finished my third meeting of a local group of concerned citizens that I started back in January, and they were wonderful. We have decided to try and inform the public on the issues of the day. We all felt that Americans can no longer feel safe under the Republicans that are controlling our government. When I say safe I am not referring to the fear mentality that got Bush elected, I mean safe to assume that Americans are going to have good paying jobs, safe to assume that the healthcare system will take care of you if you get sick, safe to assume that America is going to continue to be an economic and social justice leader in the world. We have had a great 225 year run, but it seems like in the last 4 years it is falling apart faster than we can rebuild. It seems that social justice has gone by the way side and given way to the me, me, me world of today. It seems that fewer and fewer individuals care about the future as long as they get theirs today.

I just want to yell at the top of my lungs—This world was not created for your personal pleasure!!!

I am hopeful that this group can make a small difference in peoples lives and by doing so make this world a better place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters