Thursday, March 31, 2005

Really Laura, Afghanistan???

Afghanistan-Jewel of the Middle East

I will avoid the obvious Terry Schiavo case, and just say I think it is sad that the Republicans (The party of supposedly smaller government) feels the need to stick their noses into our medical decisions. I do not want George, Dick, Karl, or Tom making any medical decisions for me. I really do not even want a lawyer involved in any of my medical decisions. My medical decisions need to be between me and my Doctor. Whether they are that I do not want to be kept around by artificial means so my parents never really have to go through the grieving process or the decision not to bring a child into this world. Get out of the doctor patient relationship.

I want to talk about the tour of Afghanistan that our first prude err I mean lady just finished. I heard a quote from her today saying that Afghanistan is exotic and would be a great tourist destination. Can you hear the tour guide-“This is Tora Bora. This is where we had the terrorist mastermind, Osama Bin Laden, trapped. Until the President of the United States and US Military decided to let Osama’s former allies try and get him. Somehow he escaped and is still on the loose here in exotic Afghanistan.” Or maybe a commercial- a loud booming voice saying “Come to the land of heroin, come home to Afghanistan.” Or “Come to Afghanistan if you like democracy go to Kabul, if you like anarchy anyplace else in Afghanistan is for you.”
Do they really expect us to believe that Afghanistan is a tourist destination? Why not “Come to Iraq we will help you separate your mind from your daily worries.”? Do they think the American people are really stupid enough to believe their jargon? Do they want us to believe that Afghanistan is now secure?

Maybe someone could explain it to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger ahsirt said...

Roma - you mean you're not signing up for discount tickets to Afghanistan? I hear the one-way tickets are a steal of a deal. The travel agents are telling people that round-trip tickets are unnecessary since most visitors won't be in need of the flight back! You should market those travel slogans. They're great! As a side note, can you imagine the customs line for the people trying to get back here from Afghanistan?

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters