Sunday, August 20, 2006

Open your eyes and you will see.

Anytime I am feeling the least bit upset or just do not know what is wrong or why I am acting like an ass. I turn to the SPC website for comfort and the word. After reading a sermon from my spiritual leader I am refocused. This world has a way of beating us all down but it also has so much to offer. Sometimes it is hard to see the light, but all we need to do is open our eyes.

Thank you Randy for always preaching the word in terms of peace, love, tolerance, openness, and hope.

I would ask anyone who reads this to take the time and read just one of Randy's sermons and prepare to be moved.

While the right wing fundamentalist like to focus on the miraculous or even more so on the exclusionary parts, Randy has a way of reading the Bible and focuses on the truth. Finding the real meaning in every story and showing that love abounds and is the answer.

For my fundamentalist friends out there (yes, I do have a few), I am sorry. I do not think that you get it. God can not be contained in the box that you want to put around her. You can try to stuff God into that book of yours all you want, but it can not contain her love or passion. God is more than the Bible and tries to reach people in all sorts of ways. God is inside us all and is just trying to find a way to shine and connect her parts or people together. I believe that when people really connect and care for one another that God is smiling and that is what makes your heart feel good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Axis of Evil said...

The first time I went to SPC, Randy told me that reading the sermon was OK, but you really had to be there to get the full effect. After numerous Sundays, I think he is right. I still read them when I can't make it on Sunday, but the whole service amplifies the sermon.

To me, SPC is revolutionary. Maybe there are other churches out there with the same message, but I've never been to one. The sum whole of my experinece with church prior to SPC could be grouped into 2 categories: boredom (on my part) or anger (on the minister's and congregation's part). It is entirely refreshing to spend an hour hearing a message of peace and tolerance instead of bigotry, hatred, pent-up anger, and scapegoating.

I'm not sure that I'll ever be 100% comfortable with the label "Christian", but I have enjoyed every Sunday I've spent at SPC. Let me know the next Sunday you're in town, and I'll meet you there.

8:53 AM  
Blogger ROMA said...

I Will do just that. Maybe we should plan to go to the early service then go experience God's glory on the golf course.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters