Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I declare:

Declaring that the United States will prevail in the Global War on Terror - Vote Passed (256-153, 5 Present, 19 Not Voting)

The House approved this non-binding resolution declaring support for U.S. efforts in the war on terror and rejecting a timetable for withdrawing troops from Iraq.


The Iraq occupation has nothing to do with winning the global war on terror. Let me repeat, the Iraq occupation has nothing to do with the global war on terror!

When are our elected officials going to realize that the foreign terrorist in Iraq is a small part, a small percentage of the group of people we are fighting? We are fighting a home grown insurgency. One that is growing everyday we are there. As for the terrorist in Iraq, we are doing a great job training them and giving them a prime recruiting tool.

I am glad to see that the House is willing to be resolute with out troop’s lives and our grandchildren’s future debt burden. They are unwilling to be resolute about funding No Child Moved Ahead. They are unwilling to be resolute about unwarranted spying on Americans. They are unwilling to be resolute about handing our government over to a dictator. They are unwilling to be resolute about a balanced budget. They are unwilling to be resolute about making corporations pay their fair share to operate companies in America.

I am going to make my own non-binding resolutions:

I declare that our American government will one day be free of corporate influence and cronyism.

I declare that one day all Americans will have access to a free college education (even prisoners—thanks Iwanski)

I declare that all Americans will have the best healthcare. (Even Pharmacy students)

I declare that America will stop playing chicken with sovereign nations and not walk away from negotiations.

I declare an end to all war. (that’s right I took it off the table)

I declare an end to cheap Chinese imports.

I declare a rising tide will again lift all boats.

I declare an end to trickle down economics, because if you feel a trickle it is probably some rich asshole peeing on you.

I declare Election Day a national holiday.

I declare if you vote it will not only be counted but it will be cast for the person you wanted.

I declare an end to racism, poverty, homelessness, and starvation.

I DECLARE HEAVEN ON EARTH.

(don’t forget these are all non-binding)

2 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski said...

I declare you President for life.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Axis of Evil said...

I resemble that remark...

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters