Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I want my $100!



It might surprise you all to know that I do want George and his idiot followers in Congress to give me my 100 dollars, but I do.

But, you knew there was a but, I want every Congressman and woman to give it out of their campaign funds. I do not want to borrow it from my children and have them pay it back with interest to the Chinese.

It is the dumbest fucking idea ever to just send every family a $100 tax break to make up for the excessive profits of oil companies and the ignorance of congress not to act on this issue years ago. When will our government be given back to the people and taken away from the corporations and lobbyist.

Corporations have had their day and November is the time to give the government back to the people of America (and apparently some illegal Hispanics). It is critical that everyone who believes that this country is going in the wrong direction to vote out their congressperson if they supported the sins of this administration. It is not enough to just vote yourself, you have to find and take someone else to the polls to vote as well. Just like the movie Pay it Forward, we must each do our part to get other people to the polls and hopefully they will tell one of their friends as well.

It is critical that we have a huge turnout in the next election. We need to have the same turnout that we did for the Presidential election, in every district across this country. Then and only then can we get rid of these liars that took control of Congress 12 years ago. It seems that a lot of these Congressman and woman ran 12 years ago on the notion that they would not run for office after 12 years. They ran saying that they just wanted to reform government and get out. They were not career politicians. I guess that was a little white lie. Although they did reform it. They turned our Democracy into a Kleptocracy. It is time to take it back.

I am in no way saying that things will change or be better over night, if we give power over one of the houses of Congress back to the people. First we must find out all the real sins that have been committed by the people in power, and we can only do this with subpoena power that comes with control. Secondly, we have to realize that sacrifice will be needed from this generation to get back to fiscal responsibility. We have to pay for Bush's war. We have to become energy independent. We have to institute real health care for all Americans. We have to stop polluting our planet and stop global warming. We have to get control of pork spending. In other words, we have a responsibility not only to ourselves but to our children and grandchildren. We can do this, but we must be proactive NOW. We can no longer say that our vote does not count.

Everyone has a family member or friend or co-worker that does not vote. You must impress upon them the importance of this November. You must get them registered and take them to the polls.

That is the mission. Good Luck, and may God be with us.



PS- "I want my two dollars." is a line from one of my favorite movies. Name the movie and you can take June off.

5 Comments:

Blogger Axis of Evil said...

Better Off Dead. When will you be sending my paychecks for June?

7:08 AM  
Blogger ROMA said...

Ah!! Another child of the eighties. I did not say it would be with pay.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Axis of Evil said...

What kinda ripoff contest are you running here? I want my (Undisclosed Amount) Dollars. As Al Franken once said, "I'd tell you how much money I make, but I want you to like me."

1:44 PM  
Blogger ROMA said...

I'm terribly sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant you could take the month of June off of recruiting Democratic voters. Unfortunately with the administration we have in power and the ever increasing inflation everyone but Republican donors will no longer be able to take time off with out pay. We all know that the super wealthy are able to sit around and watch their money make them more money than we could ever dream of and only have to pay a pitance on that income in taxes. They do not have to pay to be Americans like you and me.

Keep on working Axis. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Maybe we middle class Americans can take a day off in protest. I think that would be a great idea. It's pretty sad when illegal immigrants are more organized than we are.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Iwanski said...

I don't own a car. Do I still get the full $100 or will they send me some free subway tokens?

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters