Sunday, May 27, 2007

Support the troops. End the war.

I am going to wear my Support the troops. End the war. T-shirt tomorrow to work. I'm sure I will be reprimanded, but I don't care. This war has gone on long enough. It is time for every American to let Congress, your neighbors and the world know that Americans are not behind this President or anyone who acts to keep this war going. I'll let you know what the response is from my customers and the man.

Support the troops. End the war.

UPDATE
5-29-7 Well, I did not hear any disagreement over the shirt today. I saw many smiles and one man said he liked my shirt. He went on to say that he was in the Air force for 30 years and that his son was now on his fourth tour in Iraq. All I could do was offer prayers for his son's safe return and say we as a people must hold our elected leaders accountable and take back our democracy. He agreed, seem to pause for a moment, then dropped his head and walked away.

I can only think that he was saying a prayer right there for his son that is in harms way for oil. I'm sure I will talk to this man more in the future and hopefully it will be after the safe return of his son and all of our men and women. Next year we will be memorializing over 1,000 more Americans, and for what is their sacrifice?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Hi Roma, thanks for stopping by the other day. As I see the Great Iwanski is one of your links I assume we have much in common. Not this least this issue. I think the reaction, or lack of negative one, is a perfect example of how much the majority of us want this insanity to end. Now.

11:37 AM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

Unfortunately, I can't wear a political shirt to work - but I'd love to wear that shirt to the VA. It is the honor of my life to be able to serve our veterans. All soldiers returning from Afghanistan and Iraq receive 2 years of health care from the VA, so I see a lot of the young men and women that are returning. It's heart breaking. They're battered and bruised - emotionally, physically, and psychologically. We had a young man so distraught over having to return to Iraq for a second tour that he ended up on our psychiatric unit. He said he would rather die than return to Iraq. I think we need to start listening to those returning from Iraq. And...just as importantly, we need to differentiate supporting our troops and supporting the war. They are not the same. Iwanski - Amen!

12:35 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

The coyotes didn't get you did they? With all the crap in the news, I figured you'd be posting like crazy. Get your zeal back - log on here and post dammit! :)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters