Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happiness

This will be a little off the beaten path, but since I have been absent for so long I thought I would come back with something a little different.

I experienced happiness the other day. You know the kind of happiness when one gets married (if you are a woman), or when your children are born. I felt my heart leap in my chest and was shocked. I never knew this kind of happiness could be had just doing a daily chore.

I was walking my dog and it was about 35 degrees with a blustery 20 mile an hour wind. The trees were causing the wind to whirl in every direction. No matter which way you turned the wind was in your face. As Jake was going from spot to spot sniffing looking for the perfect place to make his deposit, I was just trying to keep my face out of the direct wind. Then after about 5 minutes it happened, happiness came in to my life.

My soul was warming. I could feel heat returning to my face. My heart and I think my feet did a little dance.

Happiness is your dog’s asshole flaring open on a blustery day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski said...

Ha!

You made my day.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters