Friday, March 03, 2006

"Could you take notes for me, I'm going to take a nap"

So we find out that Bush was warned that some of the levees would be breeched. This of course after he stated after Katrina hit that no one predicted the levees being breeched. I am not going to talk about the fact that this administration has yet again lied to the American people and been caught, but the fact that a news organization a self proclaimed “fair and balanced” news organization has the gall to say that this is not news. Yes, my favorite news organization, Fox News had a caption “News or not?” when discussing this video footage of Bush being briefed before Katrina hit. Instead of discussing the fact that the administration flat out lied about not knowing that devastation that Katrina was going to cause, they were busy tearing down the AP for calling the footage “confidential footage.” They are also now trying to claim that Brownie was doing a good job and the Bush nomination of a crony was legit. If this isn’t the typical attack the messenger and change the subject I don’t know what is. If everyone in America only watched Fox News this country would be in deep trouble.

Today on Air America I heard them discussing the fact that maybe George just can not stay focused for long meetings and maybe he really did not hear the warnings. This I find a valid argument and a valid excuse if the President wanted to use it. Wouldn’t it be refreshing to hear him just come out and say, “I must have been daydreaming about the ranch.”?

My suggestions so we can get through the next 3 years. Anytime anyone has a meeting with the President it has to be scheduled for less than 7 minutes. I think that is about his attention span. After all it took him 7 minutes to react after hearing about the United States being under attack. We all know he wanted to hear what happened to the goat in the children’s story. We also must dispense with all the niceties and thank yous at the beginning of meetings. Just come in and say, “Mr. President, we have over 25,000 American casualties and the Iraqi troops are still unable to take the fight to the insurgents, and Iraq is about to erupt into a civil war. The insurgency is growing everyday and is being emboldened by American troop presence.” Wait a minute, wait a minute-- That is way to many facts. I can see his eyes glazing over now and the words freedoms on the march coming to his lips. Hmmmmm—We must keep the facts to a maximum of 2 and no 3 syllable words. “There have been 25,000 dead and wounded Americans since your war began, and the Iraqis hate us more now than ever.” (We will make an exception in the 3 syllable rule for the word Americans because he has been taught that word and gets excited every time he gets to say it.)

I think with implementation of these rules some facts could penetrate the Bush bubble. Oh, 1 more rule only one person gets to tell him the facts. It has to be a woman and she has to look like Barbara Bush. I think this is the only way that he will hear anything and the only way the America we all knew and loved can return to its former self.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski said...

I'd like to help out. Bush is not evil, just isolated. He couold be reasoned with. You're right. Maybe I should buy myself a wig, some fake pearls, and a blue dress.

By the way, hope you don't mind, but I enjoy your blog so I added a link to yours from mine.

10:10 AM  
Blogger ROMA said...

I'm honored to be a link on a blog as good as yours. After seeing your legs after the binder incident, I think you would make a great Barbara, I'm sure that is what her legs look like. I have passed your blog onto some of my friends as well and am glad to call myself and iwanskiite since I am one of the 12 visitors daily.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters