Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Jesus is the reason for this Season????


(Notice the Picture is on the far right)

The right wing wants us to believe that Christmas is under attack!!! They want us to believe that the when a corporation tells it employees not to put up Merry Christmas or say Merry Christmas that we are stripping Jesus and Christianity out of the holiday. I hate to tell them that money stripped Jesus out of Christmas a long time ago. I have news for the likes of Bill O’Reilly—IT IS NOT THE CHRISTMAS SEASON YET!!!! Us Christians call the season we are in Advent.

It is the shopping season. It is time for retailers to make as much money as they can and for kids to expect huge paydays come Dec. 25th. The Christmas season today is a joke and the right wing is making it even worse. If the right wing demagogues like O’Reilly and Hannity want to make a religious speech let them join Pat Robertson on the 700 Club.

Christian Calender lesson—

Advent-
First season of the liturgical year. It is traditionally a fast, and begins four Sundays before Christmas and ends on Christmas Eve. Its purpose is the preparation for Christmas, with the focus on expectation. Awaiting the coming of the Christ Child into the world is often represented by the Advent Wreath, a garland of evergreens with 4 candles: 3 purple and one rose. Each candle lit represents a particular theme of the COMING Christmas season for which one is preparing, usually hope, faith, love and joy.
Christmas-
Typically begins with a worship service or a Vigil Mass on Christmas Eve (December 24) and ends on the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord on the Sunday after January 6 (formerly on the eighth and final day of the Octave of Epiphany, or January 13). Christmas Day itself is December 25.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_calendar#Advent

So what have we learned? Bill O’Reilly is an idiot. I’m sorry everyone knew that. We learned that we are not to wish anyone Merry Christmas if we are Christians we are to say HAPPY ADVENT.

I for one do not care if I am ever greeted with the phrase Merry Christmas because I do not wear my religion on my sleeve and do not want to force my religious views upon anyone else. We have enough corporate greed in this world and I do not need them to make me feel good about my religious choices. I do not need any corporation trying to hijack my religious beliefs more than they already have. I do not need the government trying to force my religious beliefs upon others by displaying the nativity scene or the Ten Commandments at a courthouse. If you feel you need these things to feel like a true Christian then you have missed Jesus’ entire message, and to you I say “God Bless You.” You need it.

5 Comments:

Blogger ahsirt said...

I LOVE how you stuck the idiot, er I mean Bill O'Reily, on the far right. HA!! Speaking of advent wreaths - I have a story for you about my ignorance. Mom and I were at a Christmas show in Frederick, MD. There was a tent selling all this beautiful stuff made with princess pine. They had wreaths, advent wreaths, and sprigs for doors. I was so excited. I wanted an Advent wreath. So, I told Mom I'd be right back. I picked out this pretty wreath with maroon and gold bows in the pine. I carried it out of the tent so happy and Mom goes, "Where's the Advent wreath?" I said, "Duh - it's right here." She then proceeded to tell me that I was going to Hell for my ignorance. Apparently, I just bought a ball of princess pine with 1 candle shoved in it. The taper candle is purple...so I call it my Jesus Candle. :) Is that sacreligious? Just another laugh at my expense... ;)

10:27 AM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

PS - I had no idea that there were four candles in an Advent wreath...I so am going to Hell...

10:28 AM  
Blogger Axis of Evil said...

If it gets cold in NM on Sunday, I can tell you why. I, of all people, am in a Christmas play at my wife's church. I have three lines and the last is "Jesus is the Reason for the Season!" If the odds of being struck by lightning outside are one in a million, what are they inside?

And by the way, I'll be saying this line while waering a tie bearing The Grinch from Dr. Suess...

Is that wrong? At least its not Satan, oops, I mean Santa Claus.

Happy Non-Denomination Winter Holidays to all those right-wingers out there.

2:32 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

HA! I keep seeing the Church Lady rearranging the letters in Santa and saying, "Could it be...Satan?!" I'll be sure to stay away from windows on Sunday. ;)

10:16 PM  
Blogger ROMA said...

When did you agree to do this play? It has been between 6 and 36 degrees here for 3 weeks now with no end in sight. I knew it was someone's fault but had no idea it was yours. Good Luck remebering your lines, maybe you should have someone with cue cards in the audience, just in case.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters