Saturday, December 02, 2006

Too Late?!?

I fear the American people have awoken to late to the realities that our current Republican controlled government has ruined our country.

I fear that in the last 2 years we have passed a point in Iraq where we can no longer even come up with any type of meaningful victory or even leave with a real government or ally in place.

I fear that Bush's war instead of weakening his "Axis" has only emboldened it and definitely made them much stronger and also made the real evil ones stronger.

I fear that we are too stupid to realize that you can not defeat radicals; your only option is containment. You can never kill them all and even if you did, how would you know. The thought that you could leads to never ending war which is where we are.

I fear for the soldiers dieing in vain in the middle of a civil war created by a stubborn, lying, son-of-a-bitch, wannabe cowboy trying to prove he is more of a man than his father.

I fear the Democrats are going to play politics for the next 2 years and try and protect their brittle majority in the Senate and take back the White House, instead of getting our boys out of harms way.

I fear that they will not take on the corporate welfare policies that weaken our nation and have eroded our middle class because they need the money to run proper campaigns in '08.

I fear America has become entrenched in a constant campaign cycle and nothing meaningful will get done on the Federal level for many years.

I fear global warming and the world we are leaving to our children and grandchildren.

I fear the looming economic crisis that America faces because of politicians unwilling to tell their constituents "NO"!

I fear current campaign tactics have left too many great candidates sitting on the sidelines unwilling to put their necks on the line or unable to raise the money to even be heard.

I fear real Americans are too busy trying to hold onto their lives to follow anything our government is doing.

I fear that America's 30 second, 2 year old type attention span is killing us and those of us who are thoughtful and actually try and follow the stories are wasting our time.

I fear we are going to lose in Afghanistan as well, because of Iraq. (if we haven't already)

I fear corporations will keep us from getting our own house in order ever again.

I fear globalization and extreme profit driven business will forever leave America unable to compete.

I fear No child Left Behind is dragging down our brightest children.

I fear the unhealthy lifestyle we live is making us weak and the sick care system we live under just promotes it.

I fear the future but will keep fighting for a brighter one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski said...

Keep hope alive, brother.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters